My Little Pwny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raid planning

4 posters

Go down

Raid planning Empty Raid planning

Post  Drachefly Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:48 am

It's about time for me to begin doing raids, and I think I'm hardly alone. We could coordinate on that and save time. Recently, one of us called for backup but I was out of energy. I could have participated, were I prepared.

So, this topic is for arranging raids.
Drachefly
Drachefly
Officer

Back to top Go down

Raid planning Empty Re: Raid planning

Post  LucMagnus Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:58 am

I just started an Enclave Flagship raid.23h and 48min remaining.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant?kv_joinraid=357562
LucMagnus
LucMagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drachefly Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:16 am

A Siege on Kor is in the process of failing, badly, because of insufficient organization. If you want to dip your toes in the water and try out fighting them, go ahead. And it's not really possible for you to go all Leeroy Jenkins and wipe us out...

but if you're going to start an organization-heavy raid like Siege on Kor... start with heavy organization first. Get at least 30 people who will be going heavy right from the start, and recruit heavily from minute 1.

30, not... seven or less on board in advance. If you have seven, try an Oluth or an Imperial Purger. But make sure those 7 are really on board.
Drachefly
Drachefly
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  LordBucket Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:08 am

Drachefly wrote:
because of insufficient organization
I would add that the thread posts were neither informative nor phrased in such a way as to encourage participation.

From Page 1501 of the raid announcement thread:

Siege on Kor. 18 hours remaining, not much progress so far.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant?kv_joinraid=6320141

Followed a few minutes later by someone else's raid post:

Siege On Kor
18h, 32/75, 60% left
a few more ppl for all get full honor

http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant?kv_joinraid=4852795

If you were looking for a SoK raid, which of those two would you click on? The one where the only information is that the raid isn't doing well, or the one that gives full detail?

Drachefly wrote:
30, not... seven or less on board in advance.

I'm not sure having 30 participants before a raid starts is realistic. I think the real problem was that whomever started the raid didn't realize how much damage was required, and so consequently only posted to faction. I came in on this late, so maybe there was discussion I missed, but from what I can tell the first post to the raid announcement thread wasn't made until the raid had been open for a good 5 hours, and was competing with an identical raid that was announced when it was created, and thus had already made good progress.

When starting a big raid like that, I'd suggest checking first to see if there's already one open. No sense competing for people. Announce it right away as a "fresh" raid. Then follow up after a few hours with a second post, including how many participants and how much damage is done.

With some raids, it can be a problem to have too many people...needing to deliberately limit people to get enough honor. Siege on Kor is not one of them.

Last edited by LordBucket on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
LordBucket
LordBucket
Admin

https://mylittletyrant.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Drachefly Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:11 am

Part of the reason I wasn't terribly informative was because the rest of the information was really bad. We had something like 5% progress and 25% time elapsed.

Maybe I should have been more open about the difficulties, but I don't think that would have made people join *more*.
Drachefly
Drachefly
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  LordBucket Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Deadly Ravens has invited us to join a Behemoth raid.

Current stats:
18/40 members
60% damage remaining
17 hours left

For people who participate in tournaments, very high win rates can be achieved on auto simply by spamming the tourny reward card, Revoker, combined with Xaeden. Sample decks provided here.

LordBucket
LordBucket
Admin

https://mylittletyrant.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Origotoshi Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:33 am

I'd be willing to take part in some raids too. I want to get some SoK done for sure, although that's a toughie. Others would also work.

Origotoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  LucMagnus Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:22 pm

I want to grind Miasma to buy those Salvagers, a card that plays an important role in many decks. I'm going to post the links on this thread, on the chatroom, the raid forum and in the faction.
LucMagnus
LucMagnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum